American Indian Rock Art, Volume 21: International Rock Art Congress (IRAC) Proceedings Volume 3: Proceedings Papers, ARARA. Series Editor Diane Hamann, Section Editors Frank and A. J. Bock, Georgia Lee, John Clegg, and Edwin Krupp.
2006, American Rock Art Research Association, Compact Disc
654 pp. in PDF format.
Papers published from the 1995 Albuquerque, New Mexico meetings include:
- Rock Art: World Heritage, Bahn, Paul G
- The Cave of Los Casares (Guadalajara) , Bru, Margarita
- Prehistoric Art Interpretation, the Holographic Method, Ghinea, Virgile
- Highlights of the Decipherment of Upper Paleolithic (European): A Protolanguage of the Human Spirit, Harrod, James B.
- Rock Art in Portugal: From the Palaeolithic to the Iron Age, Jorge, VÌtor Oliveira, and Susana Oliveira Jorge
- The Petroglyphs of “‘El Pedregoso’ In Sonora, Mexico, Contreras Barragán, Blanca Eréndira, and César Armando Quijada López
- Report on the Proyecto Arte Rupestre Sierra de San Francisco, Baja California Sur, Mexico, de la Luz Gutiérrez, María, and Justin Hyland
- Rock Art of the Sierra Tarahumara, Chihuahua, Mexico: a Question of Cultural Affiliation, Lewenstein, Suzanne
- Rock Art in Sonora / El Arte Rupestre en Sonora, Quijada López, César Armando, and Eréndira Contreras Barragán
- The Rupestres Paintings in Tonatico, State of Mexico, Quijada López, César Armando
- Hawaiian Petroglyphs: Recent Research, Lee, Georgia
- Carved Rocks and Punctured Skins: An Analysis of Corresponding Tattoo and Carved Rock Images and Their Social Implications in the Ancestral Marquesas Islands and French Polynesia, Millerstrom, Sidsel, and Tricia Allen
- The Petroglyphs of Kaho’olawe Island, Hawai’i, Stasack, Edward, Ronald Dorn, and Georgia Lee
- The Making of Petroglyphs, as a Historical Conception of Time, González Arratia, Leticia
- Human Figures in the Cave Paintings of Southern Venezuela, Greer, John, and Mavis Greer
- Rock Art in Argentina: Method and Advances in Regional Archaeological Research, Hernández Llosas, María Isabel
- A Unique Discovery at the End of the Continent: ‘Perspective,’ A Technique Used To Design A Complex Rock Art Motif, Hernández Llosas, María Isabel
- Kentucky Petroglyphs, Two Cases of Mistaken Identity, Coy Fred E., Jr.
- Rock Art in the Underworld: Petroglyphs, Pictographs, and Mud Glyphs in Southeastern United States Caves, Faulkner, Charles H.
- Contemporary Significance of Northern Plains ‘Medicine Wheels, Heyd, Thomas
- Sun Paints at La Cueva Pintada, Pye, Carolyn
- Paleo-Indian and Archaic Petroglyphs on the Northern Plains, Tratebas, Alice M.
- Acoustical Characteristics of North American Rock Art Sites, Waller, Steven J.
- Ethnohistory and Rock Art in South-Central California, Whitley, David S.
- Late Pueblo Iconography in Petrified Forest Rock Art: Implications for the Origin and Development of the Kachina Cult, Burton, Jeffery F.
- Rock Art Sites as Components of the Recreational and Spiritual Landscape in Sedona Arizona, Davenport, Marietta
- Rock Art of the Southeastern Arizona Sky Islands: Eighty Sites on the Coronado National Forest, Farrell, Mary Margaret, and Jeffery Franz Burton
- The Sedona Pictograph Tradition, Maddock, Caroline S.
- Chavez Pass A Prehistoric Trading Center and Rock Art Concentration in Central Arizona, Schoonover, Grace, and Jane Kolber
- Study of Rock Art in Arizona, Serface, Roberta K.
- Tracing the Sun's Shadow, Benson, Arlene, Floyd Buckskin, and Ruby George
- Star Tracks: Astronomical Motifs in American Southwest Rock Art, Chamberlain, Von Del
- The Rock Carvings of Alp Carschenna, Switzerland, Diethelm, Inge , and Heinz Diethelm
- Archaeoastronomy Unplugged: Eliminating the Fuzz Tone from Rock Art Astronomy, Krupp, E.C.
- Sky Symbolism in Huichol/Cora Religious Traditions as A Guide to Understanding Northeast Mexican Rock Art, Murray, William Breen
- Ethnography: An Alternate Pathway to the Stars, Rafter, John Michael
- Pueblo Bonito Petroglyph on Fajada Butte: Solar Aspects, Sofaer, Anna
- Scientific Study of Chumash Indian Rock Art Pigments and Surface Deposits, Scott, David A.
- Some Remarks on the Petroglyphs of Northwestern Spain, Züchner, Christian
- Gavin Souter's Boats, Clegg, John
- Recording Rock Art in Jordan, Jobling, W. J.
- Photocopying Paintings of Rock Art for Curation, Davis, Nola Montgomery
- Measuring Rock Art with the Aid of Lasers, Davis, Nola Montgomery
- Ethical Standards, Stickney, Teddy
- Trailside Scratched Petroglyphs Along the Lower Colorado River, LaForge, Aline
- Archaeological Context and Explanation for Nevada's Massacre Bench Scratched Rock Art, Ritter, Eric W.
- The Easter Rock Art Site Scratched Petroglyphs in Lander County, Nevada, Vierra, Robert K., Alvin R. McLane, and James D'Angelo
- Lung/ Palulukang Chinese ‘Dragon’ / Hopi ‘Water Serpent, Cochran, Kjersti Ann
- Material Culture and Myth: Snake Symbolism in Nordic Prehistory, Mandt, Gro
- The Adored Abhorred Splendored Serpent, Ritter, Dale W.
- Images of the Spirit World Vision Imagery and Spirit Beings in North American Rock Art, Hedges, Ken
- The Shamanic Tradition in Chumash Rock Art, Hyder, William D., and Georgia Lee
- Trance-related Themes in the Rock Art of Lesotho, Smits, Luc
- Too Many Shamans: Reaching for Context at Rochester Creek, Strange, William C.
- Ceremonialism and Shamanistic Representations in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, Valadez Moreno, Moisés
- Shamanism and the World of Light and Shadow, Warner, Jesse Earl
- Moral and Ethical Dilemmas in the Appropriation of Rock Art Images: An Artist's Journey, Koskenmaki, Joyce
- Rock Art: Cultural and Noncultural Aspects, Seglie, Dario
- Sacred Space and Sacred Place, Both A Part of the Sacred Landscape of Power, Warner, Jesse E.
- Faces in the Shadows Can Talk to You, Warner, Judith S., and Jesse Warner
Coffee Table |
Book Links |
Used & Misc |
Order Form |
Order Info |