World Archaeology: Rock Art, Ian Longworth, editor
1987, Routledge & Kegan Paul, Ltd, London, paper
World Archaeology, Vol. 19, No. 2, October, 1987, pp. 133-257, 7-1/2" x 9-3/4"
This title and edition is out-of-print and out-of-stock.
Please be sure to visit our used, rare, & out-of-print titles web page to check for a used copy.
Special issue devoted to the topic of rock art, includes eight technical papers by well known experts in the field.
- Symbolic Stratigraphy: Rock Art and the Monolithic Statues of Easter Island (Jo Anne van Tilburg & Georgia Lee)
- Rock Art Chronology in Eastern California (David Whitley & Ronald Dorn)
- A Dream of Eland: An Unexplored Component of San Shamanism and Rock Art (J.D. Lewis-Williams)
- Themes in the Prehistoric Rock Art of Zimbabwe (P.S. Garlake)
- Pastoral Rock Art in the Horn of Africa: Making Sense of Udder Chaos (Steven Brandt & Nanny Carder)
- The Hunter's Perspective: 7th Millenium BC Rock Carvings From Eastern Jordan (A.V.G. Betts)
- Aboriginal Art-Australia's Neglected Inheritance (Fay Gayle & Jane Jacobs)
- Style and Tradition at Sturt's Meadow (John Clegg)
Coffee Table |
Book Links |
Used & Misc |
Order Form |
Order Info |