New Dimensions in Rock Art Studies, Ray T. Matheny, editor
2004, University of Utah Press, paper.
BYU Museum of Peoples and Cultures Occasional Papers Vol. 9
244 pages, 177 illustrations, 8-1/2" x 11"
Collected papers on the rock art of Utah by foremost rock-art scholars. The topics include an exhaustive treatment of Barrier Canyon rock art, Fremont rock art in Nine Mile Canyon, historic graffiti, and a detailed discussion of celestial themes in Navajo rock art.
Table of Contents
- Introduction by Joel C. Janetski
- Origins, Continuities, and Meanings of Barrier Canyon Rock Art by Sally J. Cole
- Ethnographic Analogies in Southwestern Rock Art by M. Jane Young
- Shields and Shield Warrior Pictographs in the Intermountain West by Lawrence Loendorf
- Categories and Conundrums: The Rock Art of Lower Nine Mile Canyon by Jerry D. Spangler
- Hunting Strategies and Winter Economy of the Fremont as Revealed in the Rock Art of Nine Mile Canyon by Ray T. Matheny , Deanne G. Matheny, Pamela W. Miller, and Blaine Miller
- Father Sky on Mother Earth: Navaho Celestial Symbolism by Von del Chamberlain
- Historic Traveler Graffiti in the Nine Mile Area by Edward A. Geary
Coffee Table |
Book Links |
Used & Misc |
Order Form |
Order Info |